please check the "about" page on http://web2express.org. basically, it uses
OpenCalais semantic analysis service as well as OpenNlp tools. I like these
free tools. Another one is the stanford parser, but it's slower.  The key is
to make the whole process of auto-discovery superfast so that the twitter
streaming data can be analyzed in real time as they come in.
-aj

--
AJ Chen, PhD
Co-Chair, Semantic Web SIG, sdforum.org