On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Duane Roelands <duane.roela...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If your users don't understand why they're seeing the Twitter login
> screen, then your application needs to do a better job of explaining
> it.

Duane I don't think this has anything to do with that. Having worked on
e-commerce sites for major e-commerce companies, it has been proven that the
more steps a user has to register, the more likely they are to abandon the
process, and the more likely you are to lose a sale.  This is why Amazon
patented the one-click sale. The fact is this (Twitter's auth) takes too
many steps, and no amount of explaining ahead of time is going to change
that.  The more you can keep the users on your own site and reduce the steps
necessary to log in, the better.

Again, as I mentioned earlier - with Facebook this is one step: click a
button, enter your credentials (if you haven't already), and you're done,
and they never leave your site to do it.  I'd love to see the same for
Twitter with unauthenticated users, especially removing the need for them to
leave my site to make the authentication happen.

Jesse