It's a subtle distinction: users aim to use the application, not the
Twitter website.  They expect Twitter to ask for their permission, but
they don't expect to start using the Twitter website.  So they're a
little surprised when Twitter asks them to log in.  The page doesn't
make it clear that they're moving toward the application; it looks
like they're moving toward Twitter's UI.

Of course the application can warn the user what's going to happen,
but I'd prefer to remove the cognitive dissonance.