I've heard Al3x mention adding flags so that application A tells twitter the
user read their friends timeline up to stats xyz so when they start using
application B it can jump over already read statuses. I have no idea the
status of this feature or if it is still being considered.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org
Hacker | http://abrah.am | http://twitter.com/abraham