What about those using the regular API, via both Basic Auth and OAuth,
is there anything at all we can do to stop getting endless 408's ?

I'm guessing that since even twitter.com itself is still very
"inconsistent", for lack of a better word, theres probably nothing
much more we can do than just wait.