Jesse,

I've looked into PubSubHubHub, as have others at Twitter. It's not on
our roadmap, because the Streaming API meets most of our developers'
real-time and push needs. There are holes, to be sure, and we have
features on the roadmap to plug those holes as priority and schedules
permit. But, we've proven the platform at modest scale, and believe
that it will scale up significantly with little additional effort.

There also may be some interesting scaling issues with a Request-
Response push mechanism that are avoided with a streaming approach.
We'd need quite a farm of threads to have sufficient outbound
throughput against the RTT latency of an HTTP post. I would have to
assume that nearly all high-volume updaters and most mid-volume
updaters would be pushed to a non-trivial number of hubs. Tractable,
but it would require some effort, especially to deal with unreliable
and slow hubs.

If you are looking at RSS feeds, I'd guess that you are looking at
grabbing user timelines. The Streaming API already supports this via
the /follow resource. If this doesn't meet your needs, email me with
your requirements and we'll see how we can support your use case.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.