For what it's worth.  I am a Twitter use who does not use TweetDeck,
TweetLater, or any other 3rd party software doing API calls to
Twitter.  I use Twitter directly without any connection to other API
calls.

Since Wednesday I have not been able to use any Twitter functions and
as of Friday evening I was no longer even able to sign in and watch
the Tweet stream helplessly.  Login function has been disabled since
then.

So they are not just blocking majore APIs - for some reason my direct
Twitter account has been blocked by Twitter as well.  I've sent two
tickets and one email to support over the last three days with no
response.

They have clearly over-reacted to this issue.