On Aug 9, 1:07 pm, Jesse Stay <jesses...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm really surprised at
> all the people having issues with 30* redirects when it's an HTTP standard
> in the first place.

Don't be so quick to judge - Twitter's been sending 302's with a
Location header that specifies a relative URL, which goes against the
standard you speak of (RFC 1945). There's also the issue that many
clients (including most or all browsers) incorrectly handle 302's,
turning POSTs into GETs. This is why we now have 303 and 307.

It's not as simple as you pretend. :)

All that said, I agree with the spirit of your post. It would be good
if our Twitter API-wrapping libraries were able to handle all of this
in stride (or at least the 302's...not much you can do about 408's and
such).