Ryan,

I am now doing geometric backoffs on 502s and connection refuses.

I did not do exact math, but I seem to be getting between 2 and 5
connection refuses and 502s (combined) per second, and 95%+ of those
requests get a 200 OK at the first retry.

I think it's really good performance given the strain that your system
is under.

Dewald