On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM, David Fisher<tib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My guess is that Twitter will hold both Tweet and Twitter as IP, but
> allow general use of Tweet. It seems to really make sense to defend
> the name of their company always, and Tweet only when it is misused.
>
> -dave

"Twitter" I could understand but "Tweet" is a term that I'm pretty
sure originated with we users. If they attempted to enforce that as a
trademark, registered or not, I think they'd probably upset a _lot_ of
people. But I'd like to think that that's not the kind of company that
Twitter is.

∞ Andy Badera
∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
∞ Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)