No, I'm trying to encode a RFC POST request space which is a +.

Stop trying to be clever, it's making you look like an idiot.

On Aug 13, 10:43 pm, Andrew Badera <and...@badera.us> wrote:
> But you're trying to encode a SPACE not a + Mr. Expert Coder.
>
> You've got to be a troll.
>
> ∞ Andy Badera
> ∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
> ∞ Google me:http://www.google.com/search?q=(andrew+badera)+OR+(andy+badera)
>
>
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM, catcalls<g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah - but to clarify - A URLEncoded + (which is a space in RFC POST)
> > is %2B - so that was my point.
>
> > Don't try and correct me - I am an expert coder.
>
> > On Aug 13, 10:39 pm, Peter Denton <petermden...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> just to clarify, so someone doesn't happen upon this thread and start using
> >> %2B for spaces.
>
> >> a space is %20
>
> >> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM, catcalls <g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> 
> >> wrote:
>
> >> > Hi Bojan Rajkovic,
>
> >> > When I tried using 0.3 DLL it stated a file was missing. Fox
> >> > something?
>
> >> > Perhaps it's a vs2008 only DLL? What do you think?
>
> >> > Also, I am using 0.1 DLL which works perfectly except it does not post
> >> > spaces - I get a 401 unauthorised.
>
> >> > I declare Oauth.Twitter as oauth2 then use oauth2.WebRequest() with
> >> > the URL.
>
> >> > I've tried a + and %2B and the only way to seperate words that works
> >> > is using a _
>
> >> > And that looks terrible!
>
> >> > So, is it a known issue in 0.1 that you cannot post spaces with
> >> > WebRequest?
>
> >> > I am getting authenticated fine. AND can post Hi to Twitter. Only one
> >> > word without spaces works tho - if I use a space or the URLEncoded
> >> > version of + or + itself it fails.
>
> >> > Any ideas because I am stumped?
>
> >> > On Aug 13, 10:18 pm, Bojan Rajkovic <severedcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > > On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM, catcalls <g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com>
> >> > wrote:
>
> >> > > >  BOJAN RAJKOVIC
>
> >> > > > Yeah, this is the guy. He is a member here. He'll prolly tell me to
> >> > > > use the updated version of his DLL but sadly the updated version does
> >> > > > not work as far as I can tell.
>
> >> > > > So, I am using version 0.1 of his Twitter OAuth DLL. Which sucks to 
> >> > > > be
> >> > > > honest. I wish I had the time to rewrite the code in VB.NET but I got
> >> > > > stuck on creating correct nonces.
>
> >> > > As I recall, you're the gentleman who had trouble following my workflow
> >> > > instructions, so I'm not much inclined to help you anyway, less so 
> >> > > after
> >> > > this little rant.
>
> >> > > I somehow don't think this is my OAuth library's fault, considering 
> >> > > that
> >> > it
> >> > > takes input from your implementation and doesn't really do any 
> >> > > processing
> >> > > short of signing it. If your input is invalid, the signing won't work.
> >> > > The 0.3 version of the OAuth library works just fine. Please don't 
> >> > > blame
> >> > my
> >> > > code for your own mistakes, and if you have problems, file an issue on
> >> > > Google Code or send me an e-mail, instead of berating my code in 
> >> > > public.
>
> >> > > OAuth trunk seems to work though, I'm able to get an access token from
> >> > > Twitter. I am able to properly sign a GET request and fetch it (I tried
> >> > with
> >> > > the user timeline from statuses) from the C# REPL on Mono.
>
> >> > > If you want to get more information out of the library, try setting
> >> > > .Debugging to true on the OAuth object, you should get a lot of output 
> >> > > on
> >> > > the command line or in Visual Studio's debugging window.

Reply via email to