Thanks to all for your suggestions on how to parse, remove nofollows
or extract the URL, but that's not the bottomline of my message. There
are some source parameters that are posting automated crap constantly,
and since I run a trending engine I continuously exclude these tweets.
Yes I can parse and str replace and even base myself only on the URL,
but the 2 side effects are that my processing time increase (a simple
string compare vs a regex) - which becomes significant as I increase
the volume I intend to process, and that the URL's themselves can
easily change to workaround these filters.
I will keep my simple compare - the sites are not that many and the
processing toll of regex'ing this does not merit it - but I would
appreciate some word from Twitter when the source parameter is being
changed, or else some sourceid that is stable.