If you don't want a public community API, and want to write it in your own, then you are sort stuck.

The docs show you sample curl commands or you can http request in a browser to test simulate.

You have sample curl examples, if you are objectionable to libraries, then warp your php around those curl commands.

If that is not what you want, it sounds like you should look for an introduction to php tutorial, or a general introduction to web based scripting languages.

--
Scott
Iphone says hello.