Yes. user details are returned along with access tokens/secret. There is
really no need to call verify_credentials

<
> This way of doing things is against the "Sign in with Twitter"
> philosophy, but then I also don't see a way of re-using the access
> token if you are going with "Sign in with Twitter" philosophy. You are
> going to ask the user everytime (which means a If you use a cookie,
> or HTTP Basic Auth with anonymous users.new access token),

Sign in with Twitter isn't conceptually compatible with the design of
OAuth authentication, but it makes an attempt to deliver on what the
consumer expects from it.

i am not sure i get this But from Desktop app point of view it perfectly
makes sense. You do not ask the user to login again  rather you use the
stored tokens .