hi scott.

if you were to allow people to log in, then there are a few great API methods

/statuses/friends_timeline
/statuses/mentions

those would do exactly what you want.

unfortunately, you're right, without logging in, you're only left with the search API. your query seems like the best one, and the one that i would use.

Hello, what is the best way to get tweets that are from me OR to me OR mentioning me?

I have been playing with with search API:
feed://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=from:some_user+...@some_user

I believe that does what I want, but was not sure if the search API is the best place to be making these calls.

In some ways, this is similar to the "widgets" that people shove into their blogs. My goal will be to not hassle the user with entering in their login/pass, so oauth is out for this one.

All these requests will come from one server, maybe more if the service grows :) I assume I will need to apply for whitelisting? Or is the search API pretty lenient on requests?

If there is a specific API call, or combination of them I should be using, and then request whitelisting, I am not objectionable, as I personally have found non search API based calls to return more reliable results.

Thank you for any suggestions and guidance.

Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team
ra...@twitter.com | @raffi