Hi Andrew,

yes that's right - I'm aware that the same approval method applies.  My
users are using both the desktop app and the web app, so I wanted a way of
being able to allow access the desktop app using the desktop authorisation
tool with the same twitter app. In other words, have my twitter app supply
the pin as well as generate the url when authenticating via the web app.  I
think my best method here is instead getting my client app to access a
browser, either through my desktop webkit or simply through a browser.
Having the one source of authenticating seems the most attractive
alternative to me now though.

Please feel free to make some suggestions

Nore.