I agree I have been using the Twitter search APIs for more than a year
on 3 App Engine apps, this is seriously handicapping my usage of the
On Aug 27, 1:42 am, Paul Kinlan <paul.kin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still think something is going on (or at least different) - I have never
> seen this level of throttling on the Google App Engine. I am doing far less
> than 1 request a second and it is getting massively rate limited. In the
> past I have performed searches far more frequently.
> 2009/8/26 Paul Kinlan <paul.kin...@gmail.com>
> > Hi Chad,
> > Has this limit changed recently? I used to query it far more frequently
> > from the app engine. Obviously, Google use a lot of different IP addresses
> > so I presuming it can fluctuate. But over the last couple of days I have
> > noticed far more that I used to get.
> > If it is by IP first what is the point of using the User-Agent (it was
> > stated a little while back that we must include it now for rate limiting) -
> > is it just for tracking of an application?
> > Paul
> > 2009/8/26 Chad Etzel <c...@twitter.com>
> >> Hi Paul,
> >> If you are sharing your IP with any other GAE twitter apps that are
> >> also doing search, then you are sharing the resource at that point.
> >> The limiting is by IP first, then user-agent. Also, 1 search per
> >> second is on the borderline of the normal rate-limit anyway, so I
> >> would try calling less frequently if possible.
> >> -Chad
> >> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Paul Kinlan<paul.kin...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >> > Hi,
> >> > Just a question, I am starting to see very heavy throttling to the
> >> Twitter
> >> > Search API from the Google App engine.
> >> > I am receiving 503's enhance your calm very frequently. I have a custom
> >> set
> >> > User-Agent string and I am probably doing less than 1 search per second.
> >> > It has been happening for a couple of days now. Has there been a recent
> >> > change to cause this behaviour.
> >> > Paul.