if they are logging in as their account they can only send 250 Direct Messages
per day.

http://help.twitter.com/forums/10713/entries/14959

Last year, Twitter imposed reasonable limits to help prevent system and user
abuse.  (You can read more about that here
<http://twitter.zendesk.com/forums/10711/entries/15364>  ) If you hit a Twitter
limit, we will tell you by showing an error message in your browser when you
try to perform an action. If you've hit a limit, it means you've exceeded one
of these limits:

*       1,000 updates per day

*       250 direct messages per day

*       150 API requests per hour