The problem is with cross-site scripting. Every Javascript library I know
of, due to browser security concerns, restricts AJAX calls to those coming
from the local server. JQuery would then have to farm its twitter calls out
to a proxy (or set thereof) on the server on which it resides. Have they
found a way around this necessary, but irritating, feature of Javascript?

--
Internets. Serious business.