I'd also like to know this. The examples on the twitter API page all
just show one retweet_details section, this would mean that if
multiple of your friends to retwee the same status, it will be added
multiple times to the home timeline.

this way, there is also no problem wiht tracking retweets of the same
status over time, as you get new statuses into the timeline.

Cheers
Sven