It seems as though you fixed one thing, and broke something else in
the process.

A large number of our users are complaining that the f/f counts (that
we compute from friends_ids() for example) are woefully off (in the
order of several thousand) from the counts displayed on Twitter.com.
Before yesterday, it wasn't like this.  The counts from friends_ids/
followers_ids were usually quite accurate; now they are totally
inaccurate.

Why on EARTH must you guys consistently break things before every
major holiday weekend?!?