No, frankly, I didn't put 2 and 2 together on the piece of info you're
looking for; the XML aspect of your subject confuses focus.

When I've had to cross-correlate between search and main API in the
past, such as pulling search feeds for display elsewhere, and needing
additional user info on the person sending the tweet in said feed, I
pull the search feed ATOM and work against my main XML results
in-memory. That scenario has simply never been a problem for me. A
minor amount of additional work and resources required, but the
server-side business-centric apps I work with have a lot of state to
begin with.

I wouldn't mind seeing full XML info available in the search API, but
it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to separately retrieve and
cache that sort of info either.

∞ Andy Badera
∞ +1 518-641-1280
∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
∞ Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=("andrew badera") OR ("andy badera")