We are seeing this HTML META REFRESH as well from our clients. We are
a mobile application and seeing this issue more and more frequently to
the point that application is not functioning properly, its hard for
use to provide any specific ip data as the carriers are most likely
proxying the requests from the device.

It is not limited to a specific api call either, it is a systemic
issue across a wide range of calls we make.

There was a ticket related to the issue in the bug tracker for search,
but it has been closed and I think it should be re-opened as it is
still a problem
http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=968

Any feedback would be appreciated.