I've opened a feature request for this in the issues database:

http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1011

If you like this idea and / or think it's a good thing, please
indicate your support both here and in the issues forum.

If you don't like it and / or don't think it's so hot, I'd like to
hear that too.

Thank you in advance.

Jim Renkel