I've been playing around with updating profile images through the API,
and while the main twitter site updates instantly, it's clear that
third party clients tend to cache profile images pretty aggressively.
I'm in the process of testing this across a few different clients
myself, but I was curious if there's a general rule of thumb about how
often clients check for new profile images.

I've tried changing the upload file name to see if having a different
link file name in profile_image_url would cause clients to get a new
image, but that doesn't seem to do much.

Of course every client is going to behave differently, but I was
curious if people had a sense of what was normal in your experiences
of changing your own picture and seeing it change in different
clients, or with updating via the API itself.

Thanks,
Drew