While this issue is known and does show up on the list fairly
frequently, I think the best solution is to point users who report
this to the number of existing issues filed for this bug so that they
may STAR them and be kept up to date about what is going on with the
issue.

http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1014
http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1015
http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=968