Sonam,

Don't put the follow param in the URL. Use a POST parameter in the
request body. The wiki gives an example of how to do this with curl
and the -d flag. Any HTTP client worth its salt will allow this.

The default access level won't allow thousands of followings; you'll
need a higher access level.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.