Hi,

short answer: oauth is for delegated authentication; I'm using direct
authentication of my own account. Both are valid use cases, so in my
opinion the source parameter should continue to work for the second
use case (I can't find a good reason to only support it for delegated
authentication)

Besides; all the examples you mention are for delegated
authentication; it would be weird to have a headless system that is
working as a service implement an oauth scheme.

greetings,
Ivo