I completely agree.

As I said, we can't always make someone's pet issue our top priority.
Given that we have basically 2.5 full-time engineers on our team, that
can mean waiting weeks or months for a fix to a lower-priority issue.
But we should absolutely be communicating during that wait, and the
author of that post has every right to be pissed.

One thing I have noticed, though, is developers going through our user
support track (via http://help.twitter.com) rather than contacting the
Platform Team via a...@twitter.com or by filing an issue on our issue
tracker. Our user support folks try their best, but they're often not
able to answer developer questions and are likely to hand that issue
off to our team and close the ticket. Contacting us developer-facing
folks is a much better way to get your issue answered.

--
Alex Payne - Platform Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x