Hello,
I was hoping someone could help me, or point me in the right
direction.

I've written an app that used basic auth for a while, and of course
that worked great.  I'm now working on switching to OAuth, and
everything worked perfectly until I tried posting a status update that
used non-English characters, such as the following Japanese:

日本犬

In this case, I get a 401 Unauthorized error.  I've looked at the
signature and the encoding of the parameters, and it appears as if
everything is being processed correctly, but it's possible I missed
something.

I'm using C#, and the OAuth implementation I'm using can be found
here:
http://www.voiceoftech.com/swhitley/?p=681

The only changes made to that code involve adding support for the PIN
when first authorizing an account, but that isn't relevant to this.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm not sure what to try at this
point.