On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Nobu Funaki <nob.fun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm talking about hashtag.
>
> I tried to use #A, #B or #C whatever one letter hashtag, sometimes
> couldn't find them in search result. But sometimes I could.
>
> Could you tell me if there is any certain rules? Perhaps it is
> involved this rule.

I don't know if it's true of Twitter's search, but many search engines treat
single-letter words as stop words - they don't index them.  Many don't index
two-letter words, either, but apparently Twitter is.

Having said all that, I will add that many search engines have become less
aggressive about stop words as computing resources have become less of a
constraint than they used to be.

Nick