Hello,

I'm new to the Twitter API/REST API, so please bear with me.
Currently, I'm trying to get an XML file of my current Twitter status;
looking at the API, it looks like the request should be of the format
http://twitter.com/statuses/show/<id>.<format>. I've tried this with
the correct id and format in both curl and a native browser; both say
the id isn't found. There's no authentication for this request
required by the API, and I've double-checked to make sure my ID is
correct. Here's the output:

http://twitter.com/statuses/show/----.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hash>
  <request>/statuses/show/----.xml</request>
  <error>No status found with that ID.</error>
</hash>

I've tried using the same request with other ID's - an xml file of
their statuses will show up, but not mine. Does anyone have any idea
of what's happening/where I've gone wrong? Thanks for your help in
advance.