Agreed that the problem isn't Twitter's fault. But a basic feature
like cursor should work in a language as popular as PHP.  Not so much
in principle but in practice.

Has anyone tried PEAR's Services_JSON?  I haven't tried nor looked at
the source.  It's also slower than the native json_* functions but
that may or may not be an issue.