Although, looking at a few tweets in the public timeline, I'm seeing
tweet ids of 4348298962, 4348298957, etc.

At least on my server, json_decode is still correctly decoding those
numbers.

So, it's probably safe to say that Twitpocalypse 2 has not arrived yet
for many PHP apps in terms of JSON decodes.

Dewald