Can someone explain this issue to me in more detail?

How do I know my php can handle it? I'm running on an older PPC machine, which is 64 bit, but I have no idea if I built it as 64, I just supplied standard configure arguments.

If php sees a 64 bit integer come in as JSON what happens on 32 bit? Does it just truncate it or completly ruin it's representation?

Why can't it just be treated as a string?don't these ID's end up in a database, or maybe just passed as a URL argument? As a URL arg you pass to Twitter, so it will work fine.

Any database can store a 64 bit int as a string, which gives your ability to get the string back to post to a URL.

Can a 32 bit build of a database store 64 bit ints? That to me seems the bigger issue.

I'm not seeing where there is a need for math on a 64 bit int ditectly in php. You get the value from JSON, treat it as a string, store that string, and use it for your lookups and sorts.

Inneficient on lookups and storage, is that the core of this?

What key aspect of this problem am I missing?

--
Scott
Iphone says hello.