On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Neicole <neic...@trustneicole.com> wrote:

> Boy, this concerns me. People definitely need to be able to add their
> own comments to the RT.

No they don't. If they want to comment on it, let them write a comment
and post an URL to the original message.

If you could add a comment to an RT and someone "favorites" that, who
does the favorite go to? This way the recipient is clear: it should go
to the person who originally said it.

> And removing the retweets if someone deletes the original tweet?!  No
> way. Once it's retweeted, that retweet "belongs" to the retweeter and
> must stay.

If you want to "own" something, come up with your own words.

> I think it violates social media principles to delete them.

Fortunately Twitter doesn't think you own the right to control someone
else's words just because you repeat them.

Personally I've never really understood 99% of the RTs, especially
when someone with 50 followers RTs something that someone with 600k
followers said, but that's also beside the point.