I would not change either. But there are those here that are stating they need new hardware to work around this issue, and that they can not afford that. I was trying to be that voice of reason if that is the road/excuse they are choosing to go.

There seem to be acceptable workarounds, solid proposed workarounds, etc. I guess I am not getting it, JSON is just a string returned, yes, it can represent type of data, but it is still just a string. I can not see it being that huge a performance hit to massage that string a bit once you get ahold of it.