>From the OAuth spec:

5.1.  Parameter Encoding

All parameter names and values are escaped using the [RFC3986] (Berners-Lee,
T., “Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax,”
.)<http://oauth.net/core/1.0a#RFC3986>percent-encoding (%xx)
mechanism. Characters not in the unreserved character
set ([RFC3986] (Berners-Lee, T., “Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI):
Generic Syntax,” .) <http://oauth.net/core/1.0a#RFC3986> section 2.3) MUST
be encoded. Characters in the unreserved character set MUST NOT be encoded.
Hexadecimal characters in encodings MUST be upper case. Text names and
values MUST be encoded as UTF-8 octets before percent-encoding them per
[RFC3629] (Yergeau, F., “UTF-8, a transformation format of Unicode and ISO
10646,” .) <http://oauth.net/core/1.0a#RFC3629>.

            unreserved = ALPHA, DIGIT, '-', '.', '_', '~'

You can't encode .

--
Internets. Serious business.