Did you originally acquired an access token when the app settings was read
only and then switched it to read/write later? This is a common cause. Try
logging into twitter.com and revoking access to the application. Then when
you get new access tokens it should work.
Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org
Hacker | http://abrah.am | http://twitter.com/abraham