I have suggested previously that the capability of an application to
geo-code a users tweets and the capability of an application to opt-in
to geo-coding for a user be made OAuthorizable.

The application would request these capabilities when registering. If
twitter didn't trust the application, it wouldn't grant them.

If an application were granted those capabilities when registering,
then when a user signed in with OAuth for that application they would
be allowed to either authorize the application to use them or not.
Thus, the user interface would be made more complicated only for
applications that needed it.

I think this proposal is a reasonable compromise between twitter's and
users' concerns and developers desires.

Comments?

Jim Renkel