Well while developing, few things are not meant to be used but when it
becomes open to the world people start using them the way they like.
Before initiating this thread I read the API rules and found nothing
about Naming and Using the apps.

Can't I start offering a free service where people can post their
status using my API on my site having names which they can find
useful? It could be a great experience if this is allowed as people
are now restricted to only "web" or some sites API name. Just imagine!

Thanks.