I'm hoping to do some research and build some neat tools around favorites in
Twitter (which while generally underutilized, when they are used they are
awesome and very useful).
Yet it seems the only way to get the knowledge that a tweet has been
favorited is via asking for a given user's favorites. There is no way (that
I'm aware of) to easily find all of the users that have favorited a tweet,
or get a timeline of recently favorited tweets. All of this is VERY api
intensive (and somewhat unneededly so).

If there was a way to ask Twitter about the favorites associated with a
single tweet even, that would be somewhat awesome and very useful for me.

Thoughts?

-David Fisher
Web Ecology Project
http://webecologyproject.org