for group interest: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8285954.stm
usually the reg gets these stories about a week before the beeb, maybe i missed it.

On 1 Oct 2009, at 21:22, Christian Nunciato wrote:

Has anyone had any trouble sending strings containing line breaks to Twitter through OAuth? I realize line breaks don't necessarily make sense in a Twitter update, but it still seems reasonable to be able to send them anyway, leaving the formatting up to Twitter, but in my case, I keep getting "incorrect signature" responses from /statuses/ update when I send them.

Tweetdeck, by comparison, uses basic-auth, and is sending them through URL-encoded, without error. (Twitter, of course, replaces the line breaks with spaces.) But with OAuth, I'm not having any luck. It might just be my code, but things seem to be getting encoded properly (%0D), so I figured I'd check with the group to see whether anyone else had had a similar experience before going any further.

Thanks in advance --

Chris