I was wondering if it might be possible to include, at least in the first
page, but if it's easier it could be on all pages, either a total expected
number of followers/friends, or a total expected number of returned pages
when the cursor parameter is provided for friends/ids and followers/ids? I'm
assuming since you're moving to the cursor-based approach you ought to be
able to accurately count this now since it's a snapshot of the data at that
time.
The reason I think that would be useful is that occasionally Twitter goes
down or introduces code that could break this.  This would enable us to be
absolutely sure we've hit the end of the entire set.  I guess another
approach could also be to just list the last expected cursor ID in the set
so we can be looking for that.

Thanks,

Jesse