Hi Andrew,

I recently added this as a beta feature on my random twitter utility
app on appengine, TwitterAvatar.appspot.com.

Here's an example:
http://twitteravatar.appspot.com/users/names_to_ids?screen_names=dacort,jack,ed

I don't currently have a hard limit on the number of names that can be
provided, but due to limitations on Google AppEngine you'll probably
need to limit it to about 100 at a time. (I haven't tested that,
tho.)

As a side note "ids_to_names?ids=1,2,3" would also work.

dpc