Running SSL encryption on one's site and displaying Twitter profile
images is causing a lot of grief for people who use Internet Explorer.
They constantly get that pop-up box that tells them there are insecure
elements on the page, and it is because profile images currently
cannot be pulled from the Twitter image servers over https.

Works:
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/361430672/twitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpg

Does not work:
https://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/361430672/twitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpg

Can you please implement SSL on your Twitter image servers so that
those of us who use SSL can pull in the profile images over SSL.

The standard links don't need to change. I'm quite happy to hack the
link from http to https when I want to pull in an image on a page of
mine that is encrypted.

Dewald