Andrew us absolutely correct. I personally bear full responsibility
for letting that flawed contract get into production, even on a beta.
It was likewise my error of judgment to assume that the alpha testers
had been fine with the proposed contract merely because we had not
received adverse feedback.

We're listening. We're learning.

Our comment on Bradley's post (http://bit.ly/DgM40) summarizes some of
the contentious points we're revising, but there are others.

To make this right, we'd like to better engage the TwitterAPI
community in reviewing our next version. We are also separating the
claiming terms from the resale terms.

One more thing worth mentioning, we held off on building features that
will allow developers to offer items for sale because we want to work
that - and the related contract issues - out in close cooperation with
developers. We'd love to hear from you if you want to have a voice on
that.

I've been sending out my cell # on all emails bound for developers
because we want to be extremely accessible to developers. on email,
Twitter, IRC...

We will be working hard to earn your trust and to discover how we can
better serve.

Warmly,
Laura Fitton
la...@oneforty.com