Get used to receiving random 502 (and other response codes) from the
Twitter API.  If you don't know exactly what the code means I suggest
retrying it.  If it's explicit that you're being rate limited then
wait before you retry.

http://twitter.com/jkalucki/status/4686847704
http://twitter.com/jkalucki/status/4686422873