Doesn't the streaming API have a sampling method "status/sample" for
statuses from which you can derive users? And don't the docs describe
this as "random," while specifying gardenhose access is required for
statistically significant samples?

∞ Andy Badera
∞ +1 518-641-1280
∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
∞ Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=andrew%20badera