Is Twitter crazy?! Have they even looked at their own user, market,
and competitor information?

Twitter has said they are actively pursuing businesses (and bloggers)
and doing away with recurring tweets does away with key business
value. Besides, there are technical solutions to this problem, so why
implement a blanket policy that will negatively impact Twitter and its
users.

I just blogged my reasons, based on data, for why this is such a BAD
idea. "Dear Twitter, please don't kill your market" http://bit.ly/1N5AHA